Student Visa

A visa allows a foreign citizen to travel to a U.S. port-of-entry and request permission to enter the United States.  To study in the United States, most non-U.S. citizens will need an F-1 Student Visa.


Getting Your Student Visa

Student Visas

The F-1 Visa allows you to enter the United States as a full-time student at an academic high school or accredited college or, university. You must be enrolled in a program that culminates in a degree, diploma, or certificate, and your school must be authorized by the U.S. government to accept international students.

Before you can begin the visa application process, you will first need to receive an admission letter and a certificate of eligibility for nonimmigrant student status from your U.S. educational institution.

Maine, USA: world-class high schools, colleges, and universities in a safe environment